Best Vacuum Cleaners For Hard Wood Floors
Last Updated: 13th March 2018
My most important advice for you is to choose your new vacuum cleaner from one of the established brands.
Manufacturers such as Shark, Dyson, Miele & Hoover offer the best quality machines, helpful customer service and easy to find parts and accessories.
In a hurry?
After hours of researching over 25 different makes and models of hard floor vacuums, Mila Kunst has picked the Shark DuoClean NV803 as the best vacuum for hardwood floors 2018.
It’s competitively priced and well rated by real customers, is well built with the latest Shark DuoClean technology and is super kind to wooden flooring.
Mila Kunst also rates the Shark DuoClean NV803 as the best vacuum 2018 because it’s such a great all-round upright cleaner that can tackle any vacuuming task you give it.
Top 5 Vacuum Cleaners For Hardwood Floors
- Shark DuoClean Powered Lift-Away Speed Upright NV803
- Miele Complete C2 Hard Floor Canister
- Dyson V6 Fluffy Cordless Vac for Hard Floors
- Shark Rotator Lift-Away Speed Upright NV601
- Hoover Linx Cordless Stick BH50010
Although most of the best hard floors vacuums are good at cleaning all over your home including stairs, carpets and even your car, I’ve picked these top 5 because of their ability to effectively clean hard floors such as wood, tile, laminate and finished concrete.
Part of the advanced cleaning system onboard the Shark NV803 is the DuoClean Technology.
DuoClean is a dual brushroll system that let’s you vacuum over hard floor and carpet effortlessly while still maintaining superb suction and cleaning power.
The rear brush is soft bristled and is perfect for removing dust and dirt from carpet pile, while the front brush is soft which allows it to pull in larger debris as well as buffing your hard floors for a clean polished look.
Allergy sufferers will really benefit from the Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology with HEPA filtration. Unlike most other vacs on the market, the NV803 Lift Away Speed traps and retains 99.9% of allergens and dust particles inside the vacuum.
Some other features that I found really useful include the fingertip controls for changing between hard floor and carpet mode, the LED headlights on the cleaning head and the Extendable Under Appliance Wand for sucking out dust from hard to reach places under furniture.
See the Shark DuoClean NV803 performing in the video below.
These features include the Miele SBD285-3 Combination Tool for area rugs and bare floors. This brush tool has the ability to gather up dust and dirt that is lying around on the floor surface.
Just like its big sister, the Complete C3 Brilliant, it’s one of the best canister vacuums for hardwood floors and pet hair.
The Miele SBB300-3 Parquet Twister cleaning head provides the vacuum with 180 degree rotation, which makes the Miele C2 responsive to quick movements.
Although, this very low noise vacuum is a quick thinker, it is gentle on your hardwood surface.
The Miele C2 Hard Floor, similar to the Miele C3 Alize, is recommended for low to medium height carpet, area rugs, as well as smooth flooring surfaces.
This vacuum is designed with a stainless steel wand, as well as an extended electrical cord that has one-touch automatic rewind capability.
With one swipe you will clean a total of 36 feet, which allows you to clean more surface in less time. It also contains six speeds of suction, which are controlled by a little knob beside the power switch.
You will receive three accessories, which includes a dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
- 6 Speed Settings
- Telescopic, Stainless Steel Wand
- Three Integrated Accessories
- Miele SBD285-3 Combination Tool
- Miele SBB300-3 Parquett Twister Floor Brush
- 36 Foot Operating Radius
- Powerful 1200W Low Noise Motor
Why Choose The Miele C2 Hard Floor Canister?
There are a variety of reasons why you should choose this canister vacuum as your hard floor cleaner. These include:
- Quality – Miele has been manufacturing vacuum cleaners for over 20 years. They are a trusted brand that produces quality products.
- Performance – This vacuum contains a Vortex Motor System, which is efficient and highly powerful. Vortex is known for its durability and suction power no matter what surface it encounters.
- Stability – This vacuum is quick to react, and easily adjust to the cleaning surfaces that it encounters.
Hardwood floors bring natural beauty to a home. They offer a feel that carpet cannot, and they have the tendency to really accent your space.
Since hickory hardwood flooring has such an effect on your home, you want to care for it the best way you can.
Here’s How To Clean Hardwood Floors?
Using a vacuum that is designed more for carpet, with an aggressive brush bar with stiff bristles, can damage a wooden floor leaving scrapes and scuff marks that look unsightly.
Points To Consider Before Buying
You need to choose a machine that is designed specially for hard floors, such as the Miele Calima C3 or Hoover Linx. You should also checkout the Dyson V6 Animal Vs Absolute.
These hardwood floor vacuum cleaners allow you to adjust the cleaning head specifically for use on hardwood, tiles and other bare flooring. The Dyson DC65 Animal Complete is also a great upright and is the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair.
Design of the vacuum cleaner is important. I particularly like the Shark vacuum cleaner range. Specifications such as rubber wheels, a soft cleaning head, compact size and lightweight construction with powerful suction are the types of features you want to look for in your cleaner.
You also want one that will help you maintain the beautiful appearance of your barewood floors, is easy to use, and efficiently removes dirt and debris. Although not in the top 3, the iRobot 770 is also good for hard floors.
This guide reviews the top three hardwood vacuum cleaners, and will help you understand what features to look for.
#2 Next Best – Dyson V6 Absolute Review
The Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum surpasses other cordless vacuum cleaners on the market, such as the Shark Rocket vac, for a number of reasons and is the 2nd best hardwood floor cleaner rated at Best Vacuum Advisor. Also checkout the Dyson Motorhead Vs Animal.
It is designed with two Dyson cleaner heads, which means twice as much power.
Order It Online Today With 24% Discount.
This vacuum will rid your wooden, carpeted or tiled surfaces of all dirt and debris, while capturing the fine dust that is associated with these materials.
This makes it the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet.
This cordless vacuum is Direct-Driven, which also supplies the cleaner with 75% more power than the Dyson V6 vacuum.
Allergens will be captured with the use of the vacuums HEPA filtration system, which results in cleaner air for you.
You will experience no loss of suction as you use the V6 Absolute. It is powered by a Li-ion battery, and contains a quick and easy docking system. The trigger release is instant, meaning it will not use more battery power than is needed.
The vacuum comes equipped with a multi surface brush, Dusting Brush, and Crevice tool to efficiently clean and care for dirt and pet hair within your home. You will also receive a wall mounting kit, which allows you to conveniently store your vacuum in tight areas.
The vacuum is a handheld stick vacuum, which is highly portable and contains a rechargeable battery. Also, the V6 Absolute contains an extended wand, lifetime filter and is bagless.
Easily convert the vacuum into a handheld device that can be used on hard to reach places, such as stairs.
Dyson is a trusted brand that offers their consumers a variety of features found on many top of the line vacuum cleaners. These include:
- Soft Roller Cleaner Head – Easily cares for large debris and fine dust. Ideal for cleaning hardwood floors.
- Direct-Drive Cleaner Head – This feature allows the bristles to get deep into the carpet, giving the vacuum more suction power than other vacuums offered by Dyson.
- HEPA Filtration – Contains dual Tier Radial Cyclones, a post motor filter and seal system. This allows the air that comes from the vacuum to be cleaner than the air that we breathe.
- V6 Motor – One of the most powerful cordless vacuum cleaners available on the market.
- Cordless – This vacuum will give you a total of 20 minutes cordless free vacuuming without losing any suction.
- Max Mode – Gives you the option to have more suction for difficult areas. This is activated with the push of a button, and will last for a total of 6 minutes.
- Balance – The V6 Absolute is designed for floor to ceiling cleaning with ease.
Other features include the ease of converting from a stick vacuum to a handheld, bagless, convenient docking system, and extra tools provided to help clean pet hair from surfaces. One of the best uprights this year is the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball vacuum.
Watch The Best Cordless Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
#3 Best Selling – Hoover Linx BH50010 Review
The Linx BH50010 is the first cordless stick vacuum that contains Hoover’s well known WindTunnel Technology. It’s big brother is the Hoover WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum Uh70210 which is good value for the price.
This robust and inexpensive cordless vacuum is powered by a LINX 18V Interchangeable Lithium-Ion Battery.
Get Yours Today With 35% Discount.
It provides this 3rd best hardwood floor vacuum with an intense ability to combat dirt and debris.
The Hoover Linx vacuum has a one touch brush-roller, which makes navigation a breeze.
You will get an even closer clean with this vacuum, as it offers cyclonic filtration edge cleaning bristles.
The Linx is designed with a low profile, which allows it to clean under furniture with ease.
Plus, it contains a wide mouth opening, allowing the vacuum to pick up larger debris than its competitors.
You can adjust the height according to the type of surface you are cleaning. The Lithium-Ion battery gives it fade resistant power, allowing you more time to vacuum between charging.
Hoover is a trusted name, that delivers high quality products based on their consumer needs. They offer features that help make the Linx a best vacuum cleaner for hardwood floors. These include:
- Powered Brushroll – Easy to navigate through your home and around furniture.
- WindTunnel Technology – First cordless to offer this advanced technology in a cordless vacuum, which helps lift deep down dirt from carpet to hard floors.
- Intuitive Power Controls – The Linx is equipped with features that are placed for ease of access.
- Battery Fuel Gauge – Never guess how much power the vacuum has left. This gauge will help you know when it is time to charge the vacuum.
- Edge Cleaning Bristles – Cleans in areas close to walls and corners.
- Wide Cleaning Path – Allows you to clean more surface in a shorter amount of time.
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup – You won’t have to get your hands dirty while disposing of collected dirt and debris.
- Recline Handle – Allows you to reach under furniture with ease.
Protect your dark hardwood floors, and maintain them with ease. Choosing a specialist hardwood floor vacuum cleaner will ensure the beauty of your hickory hardwood remains intact.
As the market continues to grow, you will find new offerings. However, in the current market, these are the best vacuums for hardwood floors. You also might like to compare the Shark Rotator Vs Shark Navigator or the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vs Shark Rotator.