Shark Vacuum Reviews: Which Cleaner Is The Best?
Shark vacuums are the most popular cleaners in the US, beating stiff competition from brands such as Dyson, Hoover & Miele.
Shark’s Rotator, Rocket and Navigator series of vacuum cleaners are the bestselling vacuums on the market right now. They’re constructed with the finest quality materials, utilize innovative technologies, and are designed with versatility and efficiency in mind.
These vacuums are so well made that many vendors have difficulties keeping them in stock. Therefore, it’s not unusual to see that the machines are frequently back-ordered.
Best Shark Vacuum Cleaners At A Glance
Shark Navigator Vs Rotator Vs Rocket
The Shark Navigator, Rocket and Rotator vacuums are mostly upright, professional vacuum cleaners. Although one of the best rated canister’s featured on Best Vacuum Advisor this year is the Rotator NR96.
All Shark powered lift away vacuums provide good suction power and come with tight-seal canisters and compartmentalized dust caps to prevent dust and allergens from escaping back into the air as soon as they’ve been vacuumed up.
Another similarity between the various ranges is that they come with detachable canisters, are bagless, and make use of the HEPA filter system to trap allergens and keep them contained in the various filter filtration systems. These filters are washable and reusable.
Additionally, most models are quiet, lightweight, and have swivel nozzle/heads that contribute to easy maneuverability.
With so many similarities between the Rotator, Rocket and Navigator series, it can be difficult for a consumer to choose a vacuum that can meet their needs. However, there are still some striking differences between them.
For example, most of the Rotator vacuums are heavier than Navigator vacuums. This weight comes about from the detachable canisters and wider width of the cleaning nozzle/head. Furthermore, the Rotator offers some cleaning abilities that the Navigator doesn’t (e.g. edge cleaning and deep carpet cleaning capabilities).
The downside to these added functionalities is that the Rotator costs slightly more than vacuums from the Navigator series. Also the Rockets are very lightweight and mostly battery operated, stick vacs with make them great for small spaces such as cars.
Whichever Shark professional vacuum that you end up purchasing, you can be assured that your purchase is protected with Shark’s Five Year VIP Service Guarantee or a VIP Lifetime Service Guarantee. Let’s take a closer look at the various Rotator and Navigator vacuum cleaners.
Shark Navigator Vacuum Reviews
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro (Model #: NV356E)
Carpeted floors require very powerful suction to guarantee effective cleaning. With its amazing suction power, the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro will help you make light work out of this hard task.
- This NV356E model is fairly affordable when compared to other similar models from competing manufacturers.
- The vacuum is compact and quite lightweight. Measuring 15.4 x 11.6 x 27 inches and weighing around 23 pounds, it’s pretty easy to lift this machine and deploy it to the intended area of use.
- This Shark Lift Away Pro vacuum requires no mastery of technical jargons or technical expertise to operate. Just plug it in and start vacuuming away.
- The NV356e bagless cleaner delivers excellent results through its strong suction power, and comes with a large dust cup for a wider reach and swivel steering nozzle for added flexibility in cleaning.
- This machine doesn’t make a lot of noise when it’s in use, making it perfect for use in places like schools and public libraries.
- The machine isn’t able to clean edges as effectively as other vacuums in the series. You might find it difficult to vacuum under chairs or the corners of rooms with the NV356E lift away pro.
Notwithstanding the aforementioned shortcoming, the Shark Navigator Lift Away Professional (Model #: NV356E) vacuum cleaner is still a reasonably-priced cleaner that’s able to get the job done quickly. Read more about the Navigator NV365E.
Shark Navigator Lift Away (Model #: NV350)
The NV350 is an upright, bagless, and sturdily constructed vacuum cleaner that has a lot of competition in its class of vacuums. However, the many innovative features that the NV350 vacuum has sets it apart and leaves its competition in the dust.
- It’s equipped with technology that can prevent loss of suction.
- The cleaner is highly portable with its lightweight construction and offers easy maneuvering with its swivel steering nozzle.
- The vacuum body is sealed to compartmentalize and trap allergens and dust in the detachable canister.
- Filters are washable and reusable.
- Assembly is simple. The machine comes with easy to follow instructions and an in-depth owner’s manual.
- Comes with various kinds of attachable tools for every vacuuming need.
- Lifetime warranty on the belts and filters.
- This vacuum runs out of stock frequently and needs to be back ordered.
The Shark Navigator Lift Away Vacuum Cleaner (Model #: NV350) is a very popular vacuum cleaner and there appears to be no major cons associated with it.
Shark is so confident in the NV350’s construction, technology, and its cleaning abilities that the company stands behind its promise of replacing the entire unit at no cost to the consumer should something untoward malfunctions in this cleaner.
Shark Navigator NV22
The Shark Navigator NV22 is a lightweight, easy to use vacuum cleaner that’s perfect for pet owners.
- Comes with many high-quality pet hair cleaning tools.
- It can be used on any floor type.
- Only weighs 15 lbs.
- Large dust capacity, which allows the machine to clean the entire house at one go.
- It has the high-tech “infinity suction” technology.
- The hose is 8 feet long, which allows you to reach most places without any problems.
- The ergonomic grip offers comfort.
- 30 feet long power cable allows you to clean two or three rooms from a single outlet.
- No filter replacement is needed.
- Using the NV22 around children can be a problem because it’s so lightweight that kids can kick it around.
- If you have high ceilings, it may be a bit difficult to use this vacuum cleaner.
Overall, the Shark NV22 is a great vacuum cleaner. It’s a cheap, easy to use, powerful, and comes with very few drawbacks.
Shark Navigator Light (Model #: NV100)
The Shark Navigator Light is an erect and bagless vacuum cleaner. It’s the lightest model in the Navigator family and offers the latest technology for cleaning both floors and carpets effectively. The patented “Never Loses Suction” technology from Shark is available in this unit. Additionally, the NV100 can be easily maneuvered around house furniture while remaining efficient on a variety of surfaces.
- Patented “Never Loses Suction” technology provides excellent suction and constant cleaning power.
- Easy to put together and take apart.
- Motorized brush rolls guarantees excellent carpet cleaning.
- Hard-floor shutoff enhances versatility when transitioning between different surfaces.
- Bagless design enhances fast emptying of the dirt container. Furthermore, there are no extra bags to purchase or replace.
- The extra-sized dust cup stores more dirt so no frequent emptying of dirt is needed as you’re vacuuming.
- Cyclonic filtration technology ensnares grime through centrifugal forces and averts clogs to avoid function loss.
- Pet upholstery tools make pet hair removal a breeze.
- Very low- maintenance.
- Can be used any time of the day due to its quiet operation.
- Lightweight and portable.
- The hose for the attachment is short and restrictive when vacuuming corners or ceilings.
Owing to its excellent features, the Shark Navigator Light NV100 comes highly recommended. It’s a great purchase and you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 Model
For hassle-free cleaning of hardwood floors and carpets, the Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 model would make an ideal choice. This cordless, stick, vacuum cleaner is extremely lightweight and specifically designed for good maneuverability.
- Lightweight design (weighs 11 lbs) that allows for portability.
- Adjustable cleaning speeds for both bare floors and carpets.
- A precision charger charges the vacuum cleaner in less than 5 hours, with each charged session lasting up to about 17 minutes of use.
- The vacuum has a wide coverage over the cleaning path.
- It’s ultra-maneuverable with the help of a lower profile and swivel steering nozzle.
- Vacuuming underneath couches and other furniture will no longer be an issue.
- It has excellent suctioning capability and is easy to empty.
- Unlike other vacuum cleaners, the Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 model is a bit noisy during cleaning.
- The vacuum cleaner has a short battery lifespan.
- The vacuum cleaner’s battery is quite expensive to replace.
The Shark Navigator Freestyle SV1106 model is easy to use, convenient, and very efficient at its job. Since it’s battery-powered, you’ll not have to deal with tripping over loose cords or needing to find a power outlet every so often. However, take note that replacing the battery is an added cost.
Shark Rocket Vacuum Reviews
Rocket Vacuum (Model #: HV300)
Rocket vacuum (Model #: HV300) is a must have vacuum cleaner for those looking forward to an easier time cleaning the house. This vacuum cleaner can be used on different surfaces, provides continuous power, and can hold on to its suction power for a long time. See the updated model HV301. You can also read my full review of the Rocket Ultralight HV302.
- Very good suction power.
- At 500 watts of input power, the machine offers excellent energy saving advantages.
- Comes with great accessories like a dusting brush and upholstery items.
- The filtration system is not as good as other vacuum cleaners in the Shark/Navigator series. Therefore, the machine isn’t suitable for those who suffer from dust allergies.
- The HV300 has low dust-sucking power. At 0.116 gallons, you won’t be able to cover more than 3 rooms at one go.
- The cord permanently attached to the dust cup. This means that the cleaner has to be moved to wherever the dust debris needs to be disposed. Some might find this inconvenient.
This vacuum makes a great household cleaner because it’s small in size and easy to move around. If you’re not sensitive to dust, don’t mind dragging the machine along to whenever you need to throw away collected dirt, and want a cost-effective machine from Shark, you should consider the HV300.
Shark Rocket Deluxe Vacuum (Model #: HV310)
The Shark Rocker Deluxe Vacuum (Model #: HV310) is one of the most efficient vacuum cleaners in the market. The product comes with two-speed brush rolls that will clean all types of floor surfaces, as well as deep clean carpets by sucking out embedded dust. The HV310 is also gentle on all surfaces and won’t scratch your floors.
- It’s easy to empty and has a large capacity dust cup.
- The vacuum will never lose its suction.
- Easy to use and assemble.
- Readily available at a pocket-friendly price.
- Has a lot of power but weighs quite little. This makes the vacuum very portable.
- The device has an ergonomic handle, which makes using the machine comfortable.
- It’s a little top-heavy.
- Cannot clean curtains, bed-cover, or cobwebs effectively.
Shark Rocket reviews of the deluxe vacuum confirm that it makes cleaning convenient, efficient, and less time consuming. When it comes to suction power, the Shark HV310 is truly a cut above the rest
Shark Rocket DeluxePro (Model #: HV320)
There are several portable vacuum cleaners on the market but the Shark Rocket DeluxePro (Model #: HV320) comes with exceptional ease of use and versatility that enables ceiling-to-floor deep cleaning. This new series has been specifically designed to operate with no-loss-of-suction, making the machine very energy effective too.
- No-loss-of-suction technology.
- Designed with an ultra-light weight but is still upright.
- The machine can be converted into a hand vacuum in seconds, allowing you to clean various surfaces like ceiling fans, drapes, wood floors, vents, hard floor, and even car seats with ease.
- According to ASTM F888, the Shark HV320 has a slightly higher capacity when compared to other vacuum cleaners.
- The powerful LED lights will ensure no signal goes unnoticed.
- Offers on-board tool storage.
- The machine is provides great value for its asking price.
- Not self-propelled.
- No LED lights to signal that the bin is full.
- Does not come with the anti-allergen complete seal-technology.
- Brush roll is rather slow so cleaning rugs might take a longer time.
Shark Rocket DeluxePro vacuum (Model #: HV321)
The Shark Rocket DeluxePro vacuum (Model #: HV321) is a great vacuum that can clean carpets and bare floors effectively. It has two times the capacity of the original Shark Rocket vacuum (HV320). With the LED lights located on the nozzle, a swivel steering that’s quite flexible, and the quick release foot pedal to help you suck up dirt from bare floors and carpets, this newest Rocket model appears to be a step-up from its predecessor.
- The LED lights located on the nozzle provide good illumination in low-lit areas.
- The swivel steering allows you to move efficiently around tight spaces.
- The machine can be converted into a hand vacuum.
- The vacuum will not lose power or suction.
- Provides enhanced and effective bare floor cleaning.
- It’s lightweight and offers a large capacity for dirt storing, which means you won’t have to empty the canister each time you vacuum a new room.
- Quiet operation.
- You can use it to cover large areas of your home because the power cord is about 30 feet long.
- Easy to store when not in use.
- The vacuum cannot stand on its own and you’ll need to lean it against something when using it.
- You’ll need to push the head of the vacuum when using it to clean deep carpets.
- It mostly retracts by itself.
All-in-all, the Shark Rocket DeluxePro HV321 vacuum delivers excellent performance despite its few shortcomings.
Shark Rocket TruePet Vacuum (Model #: HV322)
We all love our pets but cats and dogs do leave furry messes on floors and furniture. This is where the Shark Rocket TruePet Vacuum (HV322) comes to the rescue. This machine can handle the challenge of cleaning up after your pets and makes household chores a hassle-free experience.
- Due to its swivel action, this beauty navigates across floors and under furniture like it has its own muscle memory.
- The vacuum comes with plenty of attachments like a motorized upholstery brush, crevice tool, curtain tool, furniture brush, and a hard floor attachment.
- The motorized upholstery brush is great for sucking those hard-to-reach pet hairs out from furniture and carpets.
- The HV322 is compact in size. With the included wall mount, it also means that less space is needed to store the machine away in closets.
- Strong suction from the 500-watt motor will pull out deeply embedded dirt from your furniture and floors.
- Two brush roll speeds for carpets or hard floors.
- Doubles as a handheld vacuum as the long wand detaches from the canister, thus allowing for direct connection of attachments to the canister.
- Lightweight at just under 8 lbs.
- The electric cord is 29.5 feet long so you don’t have to worry about losing suction from weakening battery power.
- You don’t have to replace the filters.
- The vacuum won’t stand on its own because it’s top-heavy. However, this also means that it’s easier to vacuum walls as the majority of the weight is close to the hand.
- Collection bin holds less than bags and are a nuisance to clean. But then again, purchasing a bagless vacuum such as the HV322 means that you won’t need to incur the recurring expenses of buying more bags when they run out.
- Filters need to be hand washed.
- The cord has to be manually wound around the canister.
The motorized upholstery brush attachment for deep cleaning pet hairs alone is worth the purchase of this fine Shark Rocket TruePet vacuum.
Rocket PRO Vacuum (Model #: NV480)
The Rocket Pro NV480 is an ultra-quiet, never-loses-suction, and upright vacuum cleaner that features an enhanced swivel steering for easy maneuverability and greater reach under the furniture.
It also comes with a wide 12 inches cleaning pathway, a long integrated cord that allows you to clean a large area without changing power outlets, and the “Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology” that traps over 99.9% of grime and allergens inside the vacuum’s dust compartment.
- Advanced cyclonic technology traps dirt in the vacuum and keeps it from clogging the filters. This helps you maintain suction power for a long time.
- Ultra-light weight (less than 13 lbs) for easy portability.
- Ergonomic handle provides a firm grip and control.
- Enhanced swivel steering provides amazing navigation around the house.
- Long 30 feet power cord provides wide-range coverage without needing to change power outlets halfway through your cleaning session.
- Bright headlights are helpful in cleaning dark areas.
- Dust canister is positioned in the lower region, which makes dust disposal easy – dust goes directly into the trash cans.
- Motorized brush roll allows you to clean both hard floors and carpets.
- Extra accessories are included with your purchase. These include a pet power brush, dusting brush, and 2 crevice tools.
- 6-amp motor supplies sufficient power for excellent cleaning results.
- Ultra-quiet technology.
- Washable filters.
- No height adjustments available.
The Shark Rocket PRO Vacuum (Model #: NV480) guarantees good results and it works perfectly for its intended purpose. The machine is also competitively priced and provides great value for your money.
Shark Rotator Vacuum Reviews
Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift Away TruePet NV752 vacuum is an award-winning product that features mini-motorized brush adjustments and power that’s comparable to a full-size vacuum.
- The machine allows you to clean hard-to-reach places very easily.
- It features an advanced swivel steering and LED lights to illuminate the area that’s being cleaned.
- It uses the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology. Therefore, 99% of the dust and allergens will be eliminated from the area being cleaned.
- It has a 30 feet cord, which allows cleaning of large surfaces without the need to look for a new power outlet every 2 to 3 rooms.
- Users are advised to be cautious when using the caddy as it may ram against other people.
- It requires a lot of power due to its relatively high rating.
Overall, this is a must-have product in every home.
Rotator Powered Lift-Away Canister (Model #: NR96)
The Rotator Powered Lift-Away Canister is a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner that’s also the first vacuum with the “Lift-Away Canister” from Shark family. The Lift-Away feature provides amazing flexibility, and enables you to clean hard- to-reach areas like ceilings, under beds, vents, stairs, or around furniture. Furthermore, this Lift-Away patented technology provides a superior suction on hard floors, while the 2-motor system provides excellent deep carpet cleaning
- Patented technology delivers a powerful 1150W suction.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology traps grime and allergens in the vacuum.
- Light Lift-Away feature provides amazing maneuverability enabling you to clean the hardest to reach places in the house. It makes the house cleaning easy and quick.
- The 2-motor system aids in superb deep carpet cleaning.
- Motorized floor nozzle and “leave behind” wheels make cleaning less hectic. You can leave the wheels behind and continue cleaning with the nozzle.
- Advanced swivel steering provides easy flexibility in movements around narrow areas and under furniture.
- Well-situated fingertip controls boost easy transitioning to different surfaces.
- 23 ft power cord automatically winds back to aid in convenient storage.
- The machine’s light weight (10.3 lbs) makes it portable around the house.
- Comes with extra added accessories like power brush and a straight suction nozzle.
- Step on lever promotes fast lift off.
- The machine is quiet and can be used any time.
- Attaching/clicking in the tools is not a very seamless process.
The Rotator Powered Lift-Away Canister (Model #: NR96) is a great choice for people with allergy sensitivities. It comes highly recommended because it does an excellent cleaning job.
Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (Model #: NV500)
Like many Shark vacuum cleaners, the NV500 is an upright, bagless, and well-constructed vacuum cleaner that has been equipped with cutting-edge technologies to make your cleaning tasks easier. See the newer model NV501.
- Equipped with cyclonic technology that promotes strong suction and prevents suction loss.
- Easy maneuvering is achieved with a lightweight body design and swivel steering.
- Anti-Allergen Seal Technology combined with HEPA Filtration cuts down dust and allergens by trapping them in the vacuum.
- HEPA filters are washable and reusable.
- Minimal assembly needed. The machine also comes with easy-to-follow instructions and an owner’s manual.
- The NV500 can be converted into a canister vacuum that lifts off easily.
- Multi-surface cleaning is possible with brush roll control and suction control.
- Lifetime warranty on the belts and filters.
- Stock for this vacuum frequently runs low and the machine usually needs to be backordered.
- There have been reports about long human hair and pet hair getting tangled up in the power nozzle. However, this is likely due to user errors and not because of the way the unit has been designed.
The Shark Rotator Lift Away Pro Vacuum (Model #: NV500) appears to have more pros than cons. It’s a very popular and well-received model, and this should give you confidence in your purchase.
Rotator Pro Vacuum with XL Reach NV400
The Shark Rotator Pro NV400 is a lightweight cleaner. Its greatest strength is that it has enhanced swivel steering for better control and maneuverability around furniture.
- The NV400 offers enhanced swivel steering.
- Comes with the anti-allergen complete seal technology.
- 12 Ft hose reach with a 30 ft power cord.
- Weighs approximately 15.6 lbs with a 10″ cleaning path.
- Ergonomic handles for a comfortable grip.
- It never loses suction with 1200W motor.
- Has extra-large capacity (3 Quarts) bottom empty dust cup.
- Provides ultra-quiet operation.
- The machine comes with a premium power brush and a dusting brush.
- It comes with a premium power nozzle that illuminates dark spaces for easy cleaning.
- The vacuum is not battery-powered. This means that it functions with direct power from the socket, making certain operations difficult.
- The NV400 is rather heavy, which makes it hard to operate for extended periods of time – especially when you’re also using the extended hose to reach far-off spaces.
The Shark Rotator Pro NV400 is the perfect professional vacuum cleaner. Not only will it clean thoroughly, it will also allow you to clean those hard-to-reach places with the extended hose feature.
Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum (Model #: NV450)
The Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum (Model #: NV450) is equipped with ingenious technology and cleaning capabilities that gives competing vacuums a run for their money.
- Cyclonic technology that contributes to strong suction and averts suction loss.
- The machine offers easy swivel steering, which makes maneuvering effortless.
- The Anti-Allergen technology and HEPA filtration system reduces dust and allergens in the air.
- HEPA filters are washable and reusable.
- Minimal assembly needed – the vacuum cleaner comes with easy-to-follow instructions and a comprehensive owner’s manual.
- Multi-surface cleaning – works on all floor types.
- Comes with a long hose and various attachments for all your cleaning needs.
- Lifetime warranty on the belts and filters.
- Some past purchasers have commented that their unit came with poor suction. However, this can be easily fixed under Shark’s service warranty.
The Shark Rotator Professional Vacuum (Model #: NV450) is a very popular vacuum and consumers have said a lot of great things about it. Fret not if you find yourself with a few problems after purchasing this unit because those can be easily fixed under the warranty provided by the manufacturer.
Shark is so confident in the NV450’s construction, technology, and its cleaning abilities that the company has said that they would quickly replace the faulty part or the entire unit at no additional cost to the customer.
Rotator Vac Or Steam MV3010
The Shark Steamer MV3010 or Rotator Vac is a 2-in-1 vacuum cleaner that has the combined power of a vacuum cleaner and steam mop. The steam and vacuum mode will provide you with a smooth carpet and bare floor cleaning experience, and a much healthier living environment.
- Three steam settings for different cleaning surfaces.
- The cord is 25 feet in length and allows you to maneuver through your cleaning areas easily.
- The machine has an 11-inch nozzle width for a wide cleaning path.
- The MV3010 Shark mop offers a maximum reach of 4.5 feet.
- Swivel steering capability allows you to clean corners and tough board surfaces.
- The machine is lightweight, which makes it easily to transport.
- Maximum suction usage.
- Built-in crevice tool.
- Four steam pads.
- Steam carpet glider.
- Water fill cup is available.
- Very quiet.
- Anti-allergen technology.
- Attractive slim line design.
- Chemical and detergent-free.
- 10-amp powerful motor for good suction power.
- High-quality filters.
- Comfortable handle.
- Pivoting joint.
- It might take some effort to use the vacuum when cleaning underneath furniture.
The Shark steam cleaner, model MV3010, will definitely save you much time and labor when vacuuming and mopping the house.
Shark Cordless Vacuum SV1107
The Shark Cordless Vacuum SV1107 is an upright vacuum with a large brush head perfect for deep cleaning carpets. It also offers a large bag capacity, which means you won’t have to empty dirt every other minute while speed-cleaning through the house.
- The brush is height adjustable.
- The machine is light in weight.
- Possess a powerful suction force.
- You can clean both carpets as well as bare floors with this unit.
- Exceptional ability to vacuum up pet hairs.
- The vacuum’s headlights helps illuminate poorly-lit areas.
- Vacuum filter is reusable.
- Charging indicator light is present.
- The suction power is adjustable and the unit also comes with battery level, performance, and power level indicators.
- The 14.4v NiMh battery fully charges in just 3 hours.
- Average run time of twenty one minutes on bare floor and fifteen minutes on carpet.
- The cord is shorter than other vacuums in this series.
- The battery run time may decrease with time.
This vacuum cleaner is works excellently in keeping your home clean and dust-free. It’s also reasonably priced and despite its short cord, the machine has a good battery run-time.