Best Car Vacuums 2017 Reviewed
Last Updated: 20th April 2017
- Dyson V8 Absolute
- Black & Decker BDH2000PL MAX
- Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51
- Black & Decker CHV1410L
- Dirt Devil SD20005RED Scorpion
The best car vacuum 2017 is the Dyson V8 Absolute.
There are many different makes and models of portable vacuum cleaners available for your car, caravan or van on the market, however if you’re searching for the best, then the Dyson V8 Absolute wins by miles.
This cordless vacuum is a great all rounder and can be used effortlessly throughout your entire home and not just your car.
It especially excels if you have pets or kids to clean up after.
Pet dander and other debris over your car seat, floor or trunk is no match for this sucking machine.
The digital V8 motor sucks ridiculously well on it’s own, but if you need a little bit extra power for some stubborn debris, the turbo button takes the suction to the next level.
I challenge you to find dust or dirt around your car that the Dyson V8 can not handle! No other vacuum comes close.
Best Features Of The Dyson V8 Absolute
- Portable Cord-free. No cords to drag along or get tangled around furniture legs. Great for using in your car.
- HEPA Filtration. Captures allergens and dust and keeps them locked away inside the sealed 0.54-litre container.
- High Capacity Lithium-ion Battery. Delivers up to 40 minutes of fade free suction during normal use, up to 25 minutes with motorized floor tool attached and 7 minutes on max power mode. More than enough time to clean your whole car or caravan.
- Powerful V8 Motor. 150% more brush power than the Dyson V6 and 50% quieter.
- Cleaning Tools Collection. Combination and Crevice tools for hard to reach surfaces and spaces. Mini Motorized brush for removing pet hair and stubborn dirt from upholstery and mats. Soft dusting brush. Soft roller cleaner for larger debris across hard floors.
- Lightweight. Approx 5.75 pounds.
Watch How The Dyson V8 Performs!
Dyson V8 Absolute Pros & Cons
- Cleans better than most mains-powered vacuum cleaners
- Easy to empty dust container
- Sealed HEPA air filtration
- 100% more battery life than the Dyson V6
- Superb tool collection for any job
- Price is high for just using as a car vacuum
If you’re looking for the absolute best handheld vacuum for your car, boat, caravan, etc., then you need the Dyson V8 Absolute cordless. It’s a superb all round tool for cleaning every area of your home.
If the price of the Dyson V8 is putting you off buying, then the older model, the Dyson V6 Absolute might be a better option for you. The Dyson V6 is also a really great handheld vacuum with superb suction power and all the same tools and accessories as the V8.
However the battery life is slightly less at around 20 mins in normal mode, the suction isn’t as powerful, and it’s also a little bit louder.
Best Car Vacuum Runners Up
Here is my list of the ‘Best of The Rest’ car vacuums.
The BDH2000PL gets an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 5500 customer reviews.
It’s a useful low cost, cordless, handheld vac with strong suction delivered by a high performance motor and 20V lithium battery.
The Black & Decker BDH2000PL weighs in at around 3.8 pounds and includes a washable filter, on-board brush, on-board crevice tool and charging base.
It gets an average of 4.4 out of 5 stars and many reviewers have commented on how powerful it is for the size and price.
It’s a lightweight, handheld corded, vacuum with a reasonably powerful 4 Amp motor. The power cord is 18 feet long and it is also bagless.
It weighs in at 5 pounds and includes all the usual tools such as a 2-foot hose, wide-mouth tool, and crevice tool. The Bissell 47R51 also has a HEPA Media filter.
It offers a great cleaning time of approximately 20 minutes from it’s 16V lithium battery which gives the CHV1410L a strong, fad-free suction of 15.2 Air Watts.
It takes 4 hours to fully charge and comes with a 2 year warranty. All the on board filters are washable saving you time and money on getting new ones each time they get dirty.
Included in the box is a charging base, on-board crevice tool and on-board brush tool.
It has over 2500 reviews with an average of 4.3 out of 5 stars and usually costs less than $25. So this is one Scorpion that isn’t going to give you a nasty sting!
This compact Dirt Devil is bagless and is powered by a 7 amp motor for good suction. It also comes with a 3 year warranty.